To initiate your request, access MyHub from the web browser or the MyHub icon in the MS Teams application.
Navigate to the web app via myhub365.gmu.edu.
If you are prompted to sign into Microsoft, use your full Mason email (NetID@gmu.edu).
You will then be directed to the Mason sign-in window. Log in with your NetId and Patriot Pass Password.
MS Teams App
Navigate to the MyHub icon pinned on the lefthand side of the application* and ensure you are on the Start a Request tab in the top navigation.
*if you don't see MyHub in your left navigation in MS Teams, click the "..." to add it
Under Start a Request, select the tile for the subject that best suits your needs. Learn more about the MyHub Team Types.
Follow the prompts to configure your workspace. You will be asked questions about the following:
- Sensitive Data: Sensitive and Restricted Data are governed by University Policy 1114. The IT Security Office must approve the storage of this data.
- Business Need: Select the option based on the role you, as the owner, will assume for this workspace.
- Collaboration Need:
- Persistent chat, audio/video meetings, and file sharing will create a workspace with an MS Team, file storage, and access to certain MS applications
- Group to use with specific Microsoft apps like Planner, Lists, etc. will create a Group for individual or team use that will manage access to file storage and MS applications
- Primary Purpose: Select the option that best fits your collaboration needs
Depending on what was selected in the previous step, you will then:
- Assign a second owner to the Team or Group
- Select the department, college, or school that the space is being created on behalf of
- Select applications you would like added to your Group
- Name your Group or Team
- Add a description
- Add Team/Group members
- Team member permissions
Once you have selected all the details for your request, click Submit.
Your workspace will be available shortly, and you will receive a confirmation email once your request has been completed. Navigate to the Requests tab in the top navigation to check on the status of your request.