Did you know?
You will need to claim your Mason NetID before you can log in to myMason. Don't see your course listed? Contact your department to add you to the course in Patriot Web.
New courses are created when the registration period opens for that semester. For example, Fall Blackboard (Bb) courses are created in early April. Start with our beginning of semester checklist. All cross-listed courses in Patriot Web are automatically combined in Blackboard. Are you interested in combining two sections of the same course? Read more about cross-listed courses in Blackboard. Guidelines and policies for Bb and other course tools are available in the ITS knowledge base.
Start with our Bb Ready guide for recorded training webinars.
Visit MasonLeaps and sign up today for upcoming Bb workshops (in person and online).
ITS has many resources available to support faculty and staff. In addition to the many how-to guides and other information available in our Knowledge Base below, the Blackboard Innovative Teaching Series of videos are available. Check out instructional design resources from the Stearns Center.
If you can not log in to myMason, please contact the ITS Support Center or reset your NetID Patriot Pass Password at password.gmu.edu. Should you require assistance, contact the Collaborative Learning Hub in the Johnson Center, Room 311, at 703-993-3141, or submit a Blackboard/myMason Help Request.
Quick Reference Guide
Expand All Collapse All
- How to Make the Respondus Monitor (including Respondus LockDown Browser) Required for Tests in Blackboard
- How to Make Your Course Available to Students
- How to Copy a Blackboard Course
- How to Hide Courses in the Course List
- Best Practices for Test Options in Blackboard
- Where can I find the full Blackboard help manual and training videos?
Top Blackboard Topics for Faculty
- How to Turn Notifications On/Off for your Courses
- How to Archive a Blackboard Course
- How to Send a Message or Email your Students with Blackboard
- How to Use the Student View Tool in Blackboard
- Introduction to your Course Homepage Notifications and Modules: Faculty
- Blackboard Profile and Privacy Settings
- What third-party tools are available (in/out of Blackboard)?
- Beginning of the Semester Blackboard Checklist
- End of the Semester Blackboard Checklist