UPDATE: CLUB HOURS & SERVICES
For the Fall 2021 semester, the CLUB will resume normal operations.
***ALL VISITORS MUST HAVE A VALID COVID DAILY HEALTH CHECK TO ENTER THE LAB.***
The Collaborative Learning Hub (CLUB) supports effective teaching and learning with technology to enhance learning experiences and the quality of work-life at the university for current students, teaching faculty, instructional support staff, and academic units seeking to improve instruction. The CLUB provides training and support for instructional improvement and technology to enhance student learning, to support the use of technology-based courseware in classrooms, and to support instructional initiatives university-wide.
The CLUB walk-in lab features 10 PC workstations, 10 Mac workstations, a walk-up help bar, and collaborative spaces that include Scantron score machine and data compilation software, a sound recording space, VR/AR tech, and 3D printing, scanning, and a host of other software applications.
The CLUB walk-in and prearranged consultations, technology showcases, instruction in the effective use of electronic teaching environments, support for course management tools, and resources for learning about technology use.
Getting This Service
- Reservations are strongly encouraged due to COVID-19 precautions and limited amounts of resources, but walk-ins will still be accepted.
- Reservations are preferred, but not required. To make a reservation, select the Reserve Resources button. Use your Patriotweb information to log in. To reserve collaborative space or the sound space online, select Reserve Lab Space and log in with your NetID and Patriot Pass Password. Alternatively, you may call the CLUB during open hours to make a reservation. At this time, email reservation requests will not be accepted.
- Upon entering the lab, guests are required to sign in. The information you supply helps provide the best service possible.
All users of the George Mason University network must adhere to University Policy Number 1301: Responsible Use of Computing.
- All visitors must have a valid COVID DAILY HEALTH CHECK to enter the lab.
- Computers are available for educational purposes. With this in mind, we reserve the right to ask guests to leave or restrict access if we feel their usage of the computer is not appropriate.
- The CLUB is following the overall University guidelines regarding masks, sanitizing, social distancing, etc. Lab guests must follow the same University guidelines, as well as all other university policies. Violation of University policies will be reported to the Office of Student Conduct and may prohibit future use of the Lab and its resources.
- Lab guests may only enter the Lab if they are wearing a mask and they have a reservation for video editing/game design workstations or equipment checkout. Walk-ins will be accepted for multimedia editing stations.
- No food or unsealed drink will be allowed past the front desk. Absolutely no eating or drinking will be allowed in the lab as this would require individuals to take off their masks, which is not allowed.
- The Lab is not open for group work—patrons will only be permitted to work alone on projects.
While student staff is required to wear masks and gloves, they must also maintain safe social distancing. With this in mind, staff may assist patrons from a distance but if a patron needs additional visual guidance, then staff will direct them to specific online videos for help. This includes not only computer work but also any video equipment.
- Computers may only be used for up to 3 hours a day. Employees will notify lab guests when they have 1 hour, 30 minutes, and 5 minutes remaining. Lab guests must leave after three hours.
- Video equipment is extremely limited; therefore, only 5 total checkouts will be permitted in a day. One patron, one reservation a day.
- Lab guests are prohibited from installing software on computers.