For those completely new to Blackboard - Learn how to upload files, communicate with students, collect assignments, use discussion boards, and the basics of grading.
Watch a recording » New Navigation (Jan 2021) » Start of Semester Checklist »
Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
Learn how to use the live virtual classroom environment designed for teaching and learning and real-time collaboration. Use audio and video, share your screen, upload files. You can record everything in Collaborate. Also great for virtual office hours.
Watch a recording » Instructor FAQs »
Blackboard Grade Center
Grade tests, assignments, etc. Manually create grade columns. Use total and weighted total columns to maintain a running final score.
Watch a recording » Weighted Total Column » Comment on Assignment Submissions »
Create groups for students to work together, group assignments, adaptive release.
Watch a recording »
A desktop Mac and PC application to record audio, video, PowerPoint, and screen capture. Capture is a great way to create high-quality lectures and post to Blackboard.
Watch a recording » Step by Step Guide » Additional Kaltura Help »
Building Blackboard Tests and using LockDown Browser and Monitor
Monitoring Student Activity
Ally suggests improvements to make your course content more accessible. It also automatically creates alternate versions (OCR, audio, etc.) of the content for students to access.
Watch a recording » Read More »
Additional videos and trainings
Blackboard Free Training webinars (from Blackboard Inc.)
Help Documents and Tips
- Browse the full ITS Blackboard Knowledge Base
- Start with our 5-minute Just in Time videos
- Using Blackboard Collaborate Ultra for online teaching
- Using Respondus Lockdown Browser and Monitor to secure your online tests
- Recording lectures using Kaltura Capture
- Communicating with student via Blackboard announcements
- Collecting student assignments and grading assignments in Blackboard. Also, Assignment FAQs.
- Creating and grading tests in Blackboard (video series: login required)
- Convert your paper test to Blackboard
- Best Practices for providing students offline course access
Join Mason's Blackboard support team for online office hours (live online support) 11AM-5PM ET weekdays. Look for the link on the Blackboard homepage after logging in.