Changes Regarding Access to MicroStrategyJune 13, 2019 10:00 a.m.
Effective Tuesday, June 25, 2019, users of MicroStrategy who access the system from off-campus or via a Wi-Fi network that is not MASON-SECURE, are required to use Mason’s Virtual Private Network (VPN) with Two-Factor Authentication (2FA). Users accessing MicroStrategy via a computer connected to Mason’s wired network (except Mason Korea) or the MASON-SECURE Wi-Fi network are not affected.
Please review the following information to help you prepare for this change:
Ensure you have the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client
- Users on university-managed computers: the Cisco AnyConnect client software needed to connect to the VPN is available on all university-managed computers in the Software Center (MESA) or in Mason Self Service (Jamf Pro).
- Users not on managed computers: you will need to download the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client. Follow these instructions to get the Cisco AnyConnect client:
Log in to the VPN
- Once you have the AnyConnect client, log in using your NetID and Patriot Pass Password (2FA required).
- Instructions on How to Use 2FA with VPN.
- All Mason employees are required to be enrolled in 2FA. If you are not enrolled in 2FA, visit Enrolling in 2FA.
Log in to MicroStrategy
Once you are connected to the VPN, visit the MicroStrategy website to log in with your NetID and Patriot Pass Password as usual.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the ITS Support Center.