Enrolling in 2FA
Before you use 2FA, you must first create your 2FA account and enroll at least one device through the Duo Enrollment process. To complete your enrollment, do the following:
- If enrolling a smartphone (push notification):
- Download and install the Duo Mobile app by Duo Security on your smartphone from your device's App Store. The app is used to provide the second factor required during authentication to 2FA-enabled applications and services.
- Note: When configuring the app, enabling notifications improves your ability to authenticate using Duo Mobile.
- Enroll your initial device:
- Enroll additional devices:
Using 2FA with Web Applications
After completing enrollment, verify that you can access a 2FA-enabled application or service.
- Test your 2FA:
- If you did not enroll a second device at initial enrollment, enroll an additional device now (e.g., yubikey, tablet, etc.).
Using 2FA with Cisco AnyConnect VPN
After completing enrollment, verify that you can connect to the VPN using the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client.
- Download and Install the Cisco AnyConnect client if you do not already have it on your computer.
- Determine your VPN Group for when you log in to Cisco AnyConnect VPN.
- When you connect to Cisco AnyConnect VPN you need to specify a VPN Group. Each VPN Group is set up for specific access.
- Log in to the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client.