If you have a new device, use the information below to get it set up and ensure the best use of it at Mason.
Note: If you're connecting a new mobile device, first confirm that it is supported by ITS. See ITS Supported Mobile Devices
- Enroll a new smartphone: You’ll need to re-download the Duo Mobile app on your new device and replace your previous device by visiting 2faaccount.gmu.edu to manage your current devices.
- Enroll additional devices: Visit 2faacount.gmu.edu and complete the second-factor authentication with your previously enrolled device. From the Management Options page, select the type of device you are trying to enroll and follow the prompts to add the device.
- Reorder devices: Visit 2fa.gmu.edu and choose the login option. Complete the second-factor authentication and select option 4 on the Management Options page. Use the arrows to reorder your devices, making sure that the device associated with the Duo Mobile app is listed first.
Note: Confirm that your device is running the most updated operating system that is supported by ITS.
Connect to Mason's Network
- Connect on Apple IOS: Go to the settings app and tap Wi-Fi. From there, choose MASON-SECURE as your network, enter your NetID credentials, and accept the certificate.
- Connect on Android: Select settings on your device and tap Wi-Fi. Ensuring that Wi-Fi is enabled, choose MASON-SECURE as your network. Do not validate the CA Certificate, and only enter your NetID credentials.
- Connect gaming consoles and Smart TVs: Connect your devices to the residential network. Students can register up to five devices.
Installing Mobile Applications
- Blackboard: Whether you're faculty, staff, or a student, you can download Blackboard to your mobile device. First, confirm that your device is supported at Mason. Then, select which Blackboard app is right for you and follow the instructions to log in with your Mason credentials:
- Microsoft 365: At Mason, you are given access to Microsoft Office 365. See How to Install Microsoft 365 Apps for Enterprise on your Mobile Device for instructions on how to install the needed enterprise apps on your mobile device. In addition, all faculty, staff, and students are provided with an email account that is powered by Microsoft through the Outlook app. (Note: The ITS Support Center does not support Thunderbird, Gmail, or native mail apps for both Apple and Android devices.)
- Mobile Mason: Available for both Apple and Android devices, this app provides you with the most up-to-date information at Mason to go, stay, work, or play.