It is possible to connect your game consoles and other devices that are not able to authenticate to the residential network. Like a computer, each of these devices has a hardware address that must be registered with the Mason network for the device to have access to the internet. To register consoles or other devices, their unique adapter (MAC) address must added to the system by going to mydevices.gmu.edu with the devices MAC address. Currently, up to 5 devices may be registered per student.
You will need to register your console's MAC address with our network via mydevices.gmu.edu.
- Navigate to mydevices.gmu.edu.
- Login using your Mason NetID and Patriot Pass password.
- Enter the device's MAC address in the "Device ID" field.
- Enter a short description of the device in the field named "Description."
- Click Submit.
- Your device will appear in the list under "Your Devices" upon successful registration.
- Reboot your now registered device.
- You can then connect your device to the Internet.
Note: Some devices have two MAC addresses. Make sure you register your device accordingly.