Respondus is used to create quizzes, surveys, and self-tests external to Blackboard. You can create documents to convert to text files and upload them directly to your Blackboard folder.
Getting This Service
Installation of Respondus is required for use. Windows computer users can install Respondus on their computers. Mac users will need to use the Citrix Virtual Lab.
Instructions to install Respondus Test Creation Application are available in the Knowledge Base.
- Download the Respondus Quick Start Guide
- View a Respondus video on publishing to your Blackboard course
- See the instructions for How to Send a Test to Blackboard Using Respondus and How to Import a Paper Test into Blackboard Using Respondus.
Join the Blackboard & Instructional Technologies Collective
The Blackboard & Instructional Technologies Collective is a team for Mason's faculty and staff instructional technology users to communicate with their peers and discuss new features, best practices, and other topics of interest pertaining to the following ITS-supported tools: Blackboard, Kaltura, Poll Everywhere. This is not intended to replace submitting an issue via the ITS Support Center. The collective is moderated by members of the Mason community and ITS.
Submit an ITS support request if:
- It is something that requires an urgent/timely ITS response
- You are requesting information or troubleshooting assistance
Post in one of the channels if:
- You would like to share a use case or feature you’ve found helpful
- You would like to test out a new feature with your peers
- You would like to know how your peers are using the tools
To become a member of the Blackboard & Instructional Technologies Collective, go to https://go.gmu.edu/bbteams.