Citrix Virtual Lab Replaced Virtual Computing Lab (VCL)
The Citrix Virtual Lab has replaced the Virtual Computer Lab (VCL) to provide remote access to academic software. For details, see Replacement of Virtual Computing Lab (VCL) with Citrix Virtual Lab.
The Citrix Virtual Lab provides remote access to academic software. Students and faculty with a VPN connection can access the necessary software needed to support online coursework. The Citrix Virtual Lab is scheduled to replace the Virtual Computing Lab (VCL) in the fall 2020 semester.
The Citrix Virtual Lab provides a standard computer lab image as is normally available in University Computer Labs.
Software currently available on the Virtual Lab includes:
- Acrobat Reader DC
- Anaconda Python
- ArcGIS Desktop 10.7.1
- ArcGIS Pro 2.6
- Google Chrome
- Google Earth Pro
- IBM SPSS Statistics 26
- JMP Pro 14
- MatLab R2020A
- Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Office Enterprise 2019
- Mozilla Firefox
- MS Visual Studio Code
- Notepad ++
- R Studio
- Rocscience Suite
- SAS 9.40
- Stata 16.00
- VideoLAN VLC Player
- Wolfram Mathematica 12.1.1
Getting This Service
Download the App (Required)
For the best user experience, users are required to download the Citrix Workspace App before logging in:
- Mac: https://www.citrix.com/downloads/workspace-app/mac/workspace-app-for-mac-latest.html
- PC: https://www.citrix.com/downloads/workspace-app/windows/workspace-app-for-windows-latest.html
Accessing this service requires a connection to the George Mason University VPN.
- If you are already a VPN user, log in to Cisco AnyConnect Client with your Mason NetID and Patriot Pass Password.
- If you need VPN access, see the instructions on Virtual Private Network (VPN) to download the Cisco AnyConnect client from the Related Downloads box on this page. Once you have the client installed, with your NetID and Patriot Pass Password, log in to the VPN.
This service is available 24/7, excluding planned outages, normal maintenance windows, and unavoidable events. Maintenance windows are Sundays from 7 to 11 a.m. but may be extended to 2 p.m., if needed. If maintenance is required outside of these hours, it will be announced on the Alerts & Bulletins page.