Welcome to the Projects Dashboard. This dashboard contains visual representations and analyses of current projects and requests in Mason’s Project Inventory. The Dashboard consists of multiple visualizations, each offering multiple options to sort and filter the information to see what is most relevant to you.
The Dashboard is available to Mason faculty and staff and requires you to log in to your Microsoft Account using your Net ID and Patriot Pass Password.
- Summary: an overview of all the projects and requests and their current status
- Active Projects: a timeline view of the projects from the Inventory that are actively being worked on, including their project lifecycle status
- Priority Matrix: a summary mapping of the current projects and requests using information related to the sizing, scope, and impact of the project
- Queued Projects: details on the project requests that are not currently active but are waiting for their turn to be started and worked
- Status Reports: one-page “tear sheet” overview and status available for each project and request that includes a description, timeline, status, issues, status, milestones, cost estimates, and more
- Project Dependencies: relationships between projects to help understand and ensure that projects are properly sequenced and prioritized
Don’t see something on the list or wish to add a project or request to the inventory?
Tips & Tricks
- The dashboard is dynamic! Try selecting an object on a visual to filter other visuals on the page. To undo your selection, just click the item again.
- Want more detail? Use tooltips on the grids. Hover over a project name in one of the grids to see more information including the project description, total estimated cost, and project status.
- Use the filters on the top toolbar to drill down on the data displayed on a page.
Frequently Asked Question
Expand All Collapse All
I can’t view the dashboard - it’s asking me to sign-in.
I signed-in, but I still can’t see the dashboard.
The Dashboard requires a license to the Microsoft Power BI application. Currently, only full-time faculty and staff have the license assigned as part of the Microsoft 365 Suite. If you feel you should have this license, contact the ITS Support Center at email@example.com or 703-993-8870 for assistance.