This is a compiled list of frequently asked questions regarding the student email migration from MasonLive to Office 365.
Expand All Collapse All
Will my email address stay the same?
I'm a Mason alum. What is happening to my email?
Why is 2FA necessary?
Will my password stay the same?
Will there be any downtime where I can’t access email?
Does this mean I can use other Office 365 apps like Word, Excel, and Teams?
What’s a perk of this migration?
- Simplify service offerings at Mason
- Improve university-wide collaboration
- Deliver a consistent user experience across campus, and
- Eliminate extra password; use one password for all your Mason accounts
I'm an employee, but I am also a student. What happens to my email?
What happens is someone emails me at my MasonLive account after the migration?
What data will not be migrated?
- Deleted/Trash items
- Junk folder items
- Recoverable items
- SharePoint data: Files stored in SharePoint libraries or any other files associated with other Microsoft service applications including and not limited to Sway, Stream
- Email signature
- Any data stored locally on an individual users’ computer
How many devices may I download Microsoft 365 for desktop or mobile use?
How long will Masonlive emails be forwarded to gmu.edu mailboxes?
What happens to OneDrive shared data links?
Which email addresses should I use when sharing files with students?
Note: since email forwarding will be enabled on MasonLive mailboxes after the migration, students will receive links to shared files regardless of the email addresses used. In the event students can’t access the files, they should reach out to their professors.