Technology Support Services (TSS) provides full-service, technical desktop support to faculty and staff.
Each campus has its own Desktop Support team:
- TSS Desktop ARL: Arlington Campus
- TSS Desktop Fairfax: Fairfax Campus and TSS Advanced Desktop Technologies (ADT) -- Fairfax Campus
- TSS Desktop Loudoun: Mason at Loudon and the Center for Innovative Technology (CIT)
- TSS Desktop Science and Technology: Science and Technology Campus and the Freedom Aquatic and Fitness Center
Desktop Support's primary focus is to assist faculty and staff. Students are also supported when Resident Technician (ResTech) support is unavailable or the ResTech requires assistance.
Desktop Support provides full service to all university supported hardware and software. Hardware and software not purchased with university funds or grants are considered unsupported. In an effort to assist customers, unsupported hardware and software will receive “best effort support” with no guarantee of a successful outcome.
- Provides full-service, technical desktop support to faculty and staff.
- Provides full service for all university supported hardware and software.
- Best effort level support is provided for unsupported hardware and software.
Desktop Support technicians are available Monday through Friday:
- Fairfax Campus: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Science and Technology & Arlington Campuses: 8:30 a.m.–6:30 p.m.
- Mason at Loudon & Center for Innovative Technology (CIT): 8 a.m.–8 p.m.
All actions taken by Desktop Support comply with university and state policies, as well as applicable laws and regulations, including the University Policy Number 1301: Responsible Use of Computing.
Desktop Support offers consultation, configuration, installation, relocation, and repair services. There may be charges for select services. If you have a Desktop Support service request not listed on this page or a question, please contact the ITS Support Center.
Desktop Support offers pre-purchase assistance for computers and hardware to ensure that they will work on the Mason network and will not be a security risk.
Desktop Support will install, set up, relocate, and configure hardware, such as computers, printers, and scanners. Charges apply to the following services:
- Computer Install, Setup, or Configuration: $35
- There will be an additional $35 charge if the computer is re-imaged.
- Printer Install, Setup, or Configuration: $35
- Hardware Installation (e.g., hard drive/solid state drive, video card, RAM, etc.) $35
- Mobile Device Setup $35
Please review the Technology Support Services (TSS) Chargeback Policy for details.
Desktop Support and Advanced Desktop Support will diagnose and repair in and out-of-warranty computers and hardware. There may be a charge for these services. Best effort support is provided for unsupported hardware. Service for all out-of-warranty computers and equipment: the cost of parts + $35
Desktop Support will install, remove, and help configure supported software. Best effort support is provided for unsupported software. If you have questions about software procurement, please contact the ASRB committee. The following services are available: