Technology Support Services (TSS) provides full-service, technical desktop support to faculty and staff.
Each campus has its own Desktop Support team:
- TSS Desktop ARL: Mason Square
- TSS Desktop Fairfax: Fairfax Campus and TSS Advanced Desktop Technologies (ADT) -- Fairfax Campus
- TSS Desktop Loudoun: Mason at Loudoun and the Center for Innovative Technology (CIT)
- TSS Desktop Science and Technology: Science and Technology Campus and the Freedom Aquatic and Fitness Center
Desktop Support provides full service to all university-supported hardware and software. Hardware and software not purchased with university funds or grants are considered unsupported. To assist customers, unsupported hardware and software will receive “best-effort support” without guarantee of a successful outcome.
- Provides full-service, technical desktop support to faculty and staff
- Provides full service for all university-supported hardware and software
- Best effort level support is provided for unsupported hardware and software
Getting This Service
To request assistance, contact the ITS Support Center or submit a request. Specific Desktop Support categories are provided below in Additional Information.
Desktop Support technicians are available Monday through Friday:
- Fairfax Campus: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Mason Square & Science and Technology Campus: 8:30 a.m.–6:30 p.m.
- Mason at Loudoun & Center for Innovative Technology (CIT): 8 a.m.–8 p.m.
All actions taken by Desktop Support comply with university and state policies, as well as applicable laws and regulations, including the University Policy Number 1301: Responsible Use of Computing.
Desktop Support offers consultation, configuration, installation, relocation, and repair services. There may be charges for select services. If you have a Desktop Support service request not listed on this page or a question, please contact the ITS Support Center.
Desktop Support offers pre-purchase assistance for computers and hardware to ensure that they will work on the Mason network and will not be a security risk.
Desktop Support will install, set up, relocate, and configure hardware, such as computers, printers, and scanners. Charges apply to the following services:
- Computer Install, Setup, or Configuration: $35
- There will be an additional $35 charge if the computer is re-imaged.
- Printer Install, Setup, or Configuration: $35
- Hardware Installation (e.g., hard drive/solid state drive, video card, RAM, etc.) $35
- Mobile Device Setup $35
Please review the Technology Support Services (TSS) Chargeback Policy for details.
Desktop Support and Advanced Desktop Support will diagnose and repair in and out-of-warranty computers and hardware. There may be a charge for these services. Best effort support is provided for unsupported hardware. Service for all out-of-warranty computers and equipment: the cost of parts + $35
Desktop Support will install, remove, and help configure supported software. Best effort support is provided for unsupported software. If you have questions about software procurement, please contact the ASRB committee. The following services are available: