Connecting to Residence Halls Network
ITS has transitioned Residence Hall Networks & Cable TV services to Apogee to provide a better at-home user experience for campus residents. Non-resident faculty, staff, and students should connect to eduroam in Residence Halls. Residential students should contact Apogee Support at 844-459-7405 or text 84700. More information is available on the Mason Apogee website.
Resident students looking for resources to get connected in residence halls, please see Residence Hall Network (ResNet).
Mason's wireless (Wi-Fi) networks are designed to provide convenient and secure internet access in all academic, administrative, residential, recreational, and dining spaces across the campus. Wi-Fi networks are available to faculty, staff, and students, their sponsored guests, and members of the eduroam federation.
Mason offers three Wi-Fi networks to the university community:
- eduroam is the preferred network for academic and administrative use at George Mason University. It is an encrypted Wi-Fi network open to all guests who are members of the eduroam federation. Faculty, staff, and students can connect to eduroam across campus and in participating libraries, universities, and research institutions throughout the world. ITS recommends configuring your devices to join this network.
- MASON is an unencrypted Wi-Fi network targeted for use by visitors and guests only. Visitors and guests can join this network by following How to Connect to Guest Wi-Fi
- MASON-SECURE is a legacy network serving Mason faculty, staff, and students only. (Note: ITS is retiring this network, users should switch to eduroam)
- Connect to eduroam for convenient, secure internet access from anywhere
- Available in all buildings across campus
- Available in partner institutions throughout the world
Getting This Service
Faculty, staff, students, and participating guests should follow these instructions to connect to eduroam: How to Connect to eduroam
Visitors and guests should follow these instructions to connect to MASON: How to Connect to Guest Wi-Fi
All users of the George Mason University network must adhere to University Policy Number 1301: Responsible Use of Computing.