The sound space contains special equipment and soundproofing to provide an ideal environment to record voice or edit audio.
- Equipment in the room includes a microphone, a special audio adapter, Camtasia Studio and Audacity software, and connection to a software conversion server.
- Recordings can be created as standalone sound files, combined for a video recording of the screen, or exported to a file format capable of being streamed over the web.
- System: iMac workstation with both OSX 10.9 and Widows 7, 64 Bit 6.1.
Getting This Service
- Appointments are preferred, but walk-ins are welcome. To reserve the sound space, click Reserve Sound Space and log in with your NetID and Patriot Pass Password.
- The sound space can be reserved for up to three hours by students, staff, and faculty.
All users of the George Mason University network must adhere to University Policy Number 1301: Responsible Use of Computing.
- Before changing settings related to the recording software or devices, please ask for assistance from one of the lab assistants.
- Food is prohibited in the sound space.