The Game Design Lab, located in the Student Technology Assistance and Resource (STAR) Lab, is equipped with five powerful PC stations with specialized game design software. Also included in the lab are flat screen monitors and whiteboard walls to allow students to storyboard, design, and test their projects. Each computer is equipped with a tablet device, as well as top-of-the-line game design software.
Game PCs – 5 workstations:
- AutoDesk Maya
- AutoDesk Motion Builder
- AutoDesk 3DsMax
- Java (JRE)
- Microsoft Visual Studio
Getting This Service
- To reserve space or equipment, click Reserve Lab Space and log in with your NetID and Patriot Pass Password. Please bring your university-issued ID as proof of university affiliation.
- Computer stations are reserved in three-hour time slots while equipment may be checked out for up to six hours per day by students, staff, and faculty.
- If you are more than 15 minutes late your appointment will be forfeited.
- While reservations are not required, please be aware that during peak seasons or when time is critical to the completion of your project, you should plan accordingly by reserving the equipment or the computer station you need.
- Reservations can be made up to 2 weeks in advance.
All users of the George Mason University network must adhere to University Policy Number 1301: Responsible Use of Computing.
- Failure to return equipment may result in action by the Dean of Students or the University Police. Borrowers will be responsible for any legal fees and costs associated with such action.
- Borrowers accept responsibility for safe, timely, and undamaged return of the equipment they have checked out. They will also be responsible for the replacement and/or repair of damaged equipment.
- No food or uncovered drinks are allowed at the workstations.