Class, sometimes referred to as Class for Zoom, is a new application that creates a teaching-specific interface on top of Zoom. For your synchronous class session Class for Zoom allows you to use online teaching tools to enhance your Zoom sessions and increase engagement with your online learners.
Class for Zoom can be used as an alternative for synchronous class sessions (instead of Zoom or Collaborate).
- Monitor activities in all Breakout Rooms at the same time
- Easily track attendance and participation
- See who is paying attention
- Allow students to only share their cameras with the instructor
- Proctor tests by viewing each student’s screen live
- Sort your students in multiple ways (e.g., participation, alphabetically, hand raised, etc.)
- Keep your cameras (as well as other presenters) in the front of the “room”
- Jump into a private video chat with a student during a class session
Getting This Service
Faculty and Staff may request an account by submitting a request for Class for Zoom form. Faculty and staff are then given access to the Class tool as instructor accounts when they log in to Class using their Mason credentials. Students and guests will access Class for Zoom through scheduled sessions via a Blackboard tool link (Class for Zoom) in a course or by email invitation from the Class application.
All users of the George Mason University network must adhere to University Policy Number 1301: Responsible Use of Computing.
For questions and comments regarding Class for Zoom email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Class for Zoom Support documentation and Knowledge Base please go to https://www.class.com/support/.
Join the Blackboard & Instructional Technologies Collective
The Blackboard & Instructional Technologies Collective is a team for Mason’s faculty and staff instructional technology users to communicate with their peers and discuss new features, best practices, and other topics of interest pertaining to the following ITS-supported tools: Blackboard, Kaltura, Poll Everywhere. This is not intended to replace submitting an issue via the ITS Support Center. The collective is moderated by members of the Mason community and ITS.
Submit an ITS support request if:
- It is something that requires an urgent/timely ITS response
- You are requesting information or troubleshooting assistance
Post in one of the channels if:
- You would like to share a use case or feature you’ve found helpful
- You would like to test out a new feature with your peers
- You would like to know how your peers are using the tools
To become a member of the Blackboard & Instructional Technologies Collective, go to https://go.gmu.edu/bbteams.