This spring, Information Technology Services (ITS) began implementing the new telecommunications system, Vonage, Inc. that will provide Mason with advanced communications capabilities essential to on-site, hybrid, and remote work environments.
Maintenance has been completed in ITS-staffed buildings on Fairfax Campus (Aquia, Fenwick, and Innovation), and is currently underway in Mason Square. ITS is continuing to adjust and improve the installation process with each subsequent building. The most efficient and effective implementations have been due to accurate user information provided by the department’s designated Telecom Coordinators.
To ensure a smooth transition, here are a few ways to prepare:
- Prior to your move, you will receive notifications as to when and what to expect during the change. For more details, including the implementation schedule, visit the Telecom System Replacement Roadmap.
- Telecom Coordinators have been vital in helping ITS collect data and prepare for each building. If you have not done so already, please connect with your Telecom Coordinator about your desk phone replacement. To find your contact, see Telecom Coordinators.
- Five-digit dialing will not be supported until all Mason users are transferred to Vonage. When placing calls on a Vonage system, enter all ten digits of the phone number (i.e., Dial 703-993-8870 instead of 3-8870). Dialing 9 is no longer necessary for external calls.
- During your implementation, ITS will provide instructions for using the new system. To get started and learn about Vonage, see Mason Phones and User Guides.
- Please do not move your desk phone. If your phone needs to be moved, notify your Telecom Coordinator to submit a ticket with ITS.
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact the ITS Support Center at 703-993-8870 or email@example.com.