Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) antivirus software is available for all Mason-owned Windows and Mac devices managed in MESA or Jamf. Only devices managed can receive the antivirus software.
- Always-on scanning using file and process behavior monitoring and other real-time protection
- Discovers vulnerabilities and misconfigurations in real-time without the need for agents or periodic scans
- Detects and blocks apps that are deemed unsafe, but may not be detected as malware
- Eliminates risky or unnecessary attack vectors (paths hackers use to gain unauthorized access) and restricts dangerous code from running
- Leverages artificial intelligence to automatically investigate alerts and remediate complex threats
- Uses behavior-based machine learning to identify suspicious activity and advanced attack techniques
- Cloud-delivered protection that includes near-instant detection and blocking of new and emerging threats
- Regularly updates to keep antivirus up-to-date
Getting This Service
Microsoft Defender ATP is available to Mason-owned Windows or Mac systems managed through MESA or Jamf.
Unmanaged Mason-owned systems will need to be managed in order to receive the updated antivirus protection. To request to have a Mason-owned device managed, click the Request Managed Enrollment button.
Please contact the ITS Support Center for additional information.
All users of the George Mason University network must adhere to University Policy Number 1301: Responsible Use of Computing.
Students and employees using personally-owned computers are encouraged to continue using antivirus software to protect their systems. ITS recommends these free options:
- For Windows: Avast, AVG, Sophos, Microsoft Windows Defender
- For Mac: Avast, AVG, Sophos