On Sunday, November 22, from 7 to 7:30 a.m., several IT systems hosted in the Fairfax data center will be unavailable while Information Technology Services (ITS) performs emergency maintenance.
Impact on the Mason Community
During this maintenance, servers and their hosted services will be affected, including:
- Wired and Wi-Fi Networks
- Authentication Services (Users already logged into services, including Office 365, MS Teams, Zoom, etc. may not be affected)
- Banner Admin (and applications that require it, such as Patriot Web and the Password Management website)
- Mac enrollment in Jamf
- Mason website (www.gmu.edu) & departmental websites
- Telephone Services (excludes MS Teams softphones and Call Centers)
- Virtual Private Network (VPN)
University emergency services will remain in service. MasonLive and Office 365 will not be affected; however, during the maintenance period, these services should be accessed via their direct links as listed below. Please note, if you are not currently logged into these services with your NetID and Patriot Pass Password, you may not be able to authenticate.
- MasonLive Student Email: https://outlook.office.com/
- Office 365 Employee Email: http://mso365.gmu.edu/
ITS staff will restore services as quickly as possible and appreciate your patience.
If you have any questions or you experience any issues accessing these systems after this maintenance, please contact the ITS Support Center at 703-993-8870 or email@example.com.
Reason for the change:
ITS is reloading the routers to address networking issues. (ID # 205393)