It’s that (most wonderful) time of year again! Whether you snagged a great deal during Black Friday or Santa leaves you something under the tree, many of us have new devices this holiday season.
To ensure using your new device at Mason is always merry and bright, here is a list of helpful tips from Information Technology Services (ITS) to get you connected successfully. Make sure you check it twice!
- Operating Systems:Make sure the device is Mason-supported and running the most up-to-date operating system. If it is a Mason-managed device, please follow the latest ITS guidance on updating.
- Two-Factor Authentication (2FA): 2FA is a second layer of protection that makes your information less vulnerable and is required for all Mason users. Mason uses Duo Security to deliver 2FA on your smartphone and other devices. ITS requires that users not share personal devices and choose from the supported authentication options</a.
- Mason’s Network: Mason's wireless (Wi-Fi) networks are designed to provide convenient and secure internet access in all spaces across the campus. The preferred network for academic and administrative use is eduroam, and if you are a residential student, ResNet is available to you with 24/7 support through Apogee. Wireless devices must support 802.1x authentication to use eduroam. Configure your device for authentication or, if necessary, register for network access.
- Microsoft Office 365: All Mason users are given access to Microsoft Office 365. This includes Microsoft Apps for Enterprise, an email accountpowered through Outlook, OneDrive, and Microsoft (MS) Teams. Set up your Apple and Android devices for calendar and email, and download MS Teams to use on the go.
- Mobile Mason: This app provides our community with the most up-to-date information at Mason to go, stay, work, or play. Download today to stay connected.
From everyone in ITS, happy holidays and we look forward to keeping you connected in 2023!