Tests are supported in the Blackboard app. A test must contain only question types and test settings that are supported on mobile in order to open in the Blackboard app. If a test isn't supported in the app, users see a message that the test is blocked from launching in the app and must be accessed from a desktop web browser.
Supported questions and features
The Blackboard app supports these test questions and features for courses:
- Multiple Choice
- Short Answer
- Randomized question display
- Random blocks
Some options available during test creation work correctly only when students take the test on a desktop web browser.
Not supported on mobile, can't complete test in app
Tests with these settings are NOT supported and can't be completed in the app. In the app, users can view test details only. When users Begin Attempt or Continue Attempt, a pop-up message directs them to open the test in a desktop browser.
- One at a time question presentation
- Timed Assessment with Auto-Submit = OFF
- Group tests and assignments
Supported on mobile, can't view attempt in app
Tests with these settings can be completed in the app and scores show, but users can't view completed attempts in the app. When users tap a submitted attempt, a pop-up message directs them to view the attempt in a desktop browser instead.
- Feedback by the grader for individual questions
- Show score per question is OFF
- Show incorrect questions is OFF (this the default setting)
Other test options
- Question Sets and Random Blocks: These are supported in the Blackboard app so long as all of the questions in the pool are supported by the app. One unsupported question type in the pool will cause all attempts to launch in the in-app browser even if that unsupported question isn't delivered for every attempt.
The default test settings under Show test results and feedback to students enable students to see their assessment scores in the app, but not their attempts. Use these test settings to enable students to view their attempts in the app:
- Show score per question is ON (this is the default setting).
- Show incorrect questions is ON (this is NOT the default setting).
- Test descriptions and instructions are displayed if instructors provide them during test creation. Test descriptions show to students before they begin an attempt and test instructions show after they begin an attempt.
- Some formatting doesn't show to students in test instructions. At this time, we recommend that instructors and course builders use plain text in test instructions to ensure the best display for students.
- Images in test questions are not displayed.