Changes to MasonLive Student Email This SummerJune 23, 2021 12:30 p.m.
This summer, George Mason University’s student email account and Microsoft services will be migrated from MasonLive to Office 365, the email and calendar system for all current Mason faculty and staff.
For more information on the change, visit the Student Office 365 Migration Roadmap. This roadmap includes a detailed timeline and information on how to help students, student wage employees, and faculty/staff prepare for the transition.
The purpose of this change is to simplify service offerings at Mason, improve university-wide collaboration, deliver a consistent user experience across campus, and provide additional Microsoft resources to students, such as Microsoft Teams.
To Determine How This Change May Affect You
See What to Expect During the Student Office 365 Migration (Role Matrix)
What’s Changing for MasonLive Users
- Your MasonLive (email and calendar) and OneDrive files will automatically be migrated to the Office 365 system
- Your MasonLive address (NetID@masonlive.gmu.edu) will change to your Office 365 address (NetID@gmu.edu)
- Any mail sent to your @masonlive.gmu.edu address AFTER the migration will be automatically forwarded to your new @gmu.edu address
- You will use your Patriot Pass Password to access your email
- You will access your email account via http://mso365.gmu.edu
Important Notes for Mason Faculty and Staff
- This migration DOES NOT affect your faculty and staff email; Your @gmu.edu account remains your primary account
- For those who currently have accounts on both MasonLive and the Office 365 system, MasonLive information will be copied to their existing @gmu.edu account
How MasonLive Users Can Prepare
- Review the timeline and full details about what is changing on the Student Office 365 Migration Roadmap
- Review the Student Office 365 Migration Checklist for info on what to do before, during, and after the email migration.
- Moving to Office 365 requires Duo Two-Factor Authentication (2FA). If you do not have 2FA yet, visit password.gmu.edu, log in, and select “2FA Account Management Menu” from the left menu to enroll. To learn more about 2FA and enrollment, go to 2fa.gmu.edu.
Stay Tuned for More Info
- If you have questions about this email migration, see Student Office 365 Migration FAQs.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact the ITS Support Center at 703-993-8870 or firstname.lastname@example.org.