- Delete email from unknown addresses
- Do not click email links or open attachments from unknown sources.
- Be wary of requests for confidential information- No legitimate organization will ask you to provide your password in an email response
- Never share passwords, usernames, or accounts
- Question any "scare tactic" messages- Account closures and loss of access are common fraudulent threats
- Keep antivirus software up to date and perform regular scans
- Beware that sender email addresses, links, and websites can be faked to appear to originate from Mason
Any official email communication from Mason's ITS will always include a local phone number that you can call to verify the email. If you receive an email and are unsure of whether it is a phishing attempt, please contact the ITS Support at 703-993-8870 or email@example.com.