Welcome to Mason!
We've put together this Getting Started resource guide to get you up and running as quickly as possible here at Mason. In addition to this page, you can:
- Search our Knowledge Base for how-to articles and FAQs.
- Search our Service Catalog to learn what services we offer and how to get them.
Whether you're a new faculty or administrative staff member at Mason, the information below will help familiarize you with Mason IT services, resources, and support to help you settle into your new role. Download the PDF version of our Employee Technology Services guide by clicking or tapping on the image.
How to Get Help
The ITS Support Center serves as a central point of contact for the Mason community to request IT support or information. Go to the ITS Support Center information page for contact information.
Quick Support Reference
Expand All Collapse All
Access the Network
Log Into myMason
Enroll in Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)
Activate Your Patriot Pass Account
Protect Your Security
Antivirus Software License
Be Aware of Phishing Messages
IT Security Office
Responsible Use of Computing
Download Mobile Mason
Activate Your Mason Accounts & Telephone
Telephone & Voicemail
Set Up Your Hardware, Software & Internet
ITS-Approved Endpoint Devices
View installation instructions for Microsoft Office 365.
Software on Managed Mason-owned Computers
Software on Unmanaged Mason-Owned Computers
- Blackboard Collaborate is Mason’s Learning Management System (LMS) and is used to deliver online or web-enhanced courses and includes tools like discussion forums, text-based and real-time chat, a secure course grade book, quizzes and exams.
- Microsoft Teams provides chat, audio calling, video calling, screen sharing, and more. Team members have access to all of that as well as several additional Office 365 shared features: email; calendar; notebook with One Note, shared file storage with Sharepoint integrated with your OneDrive, Planner, and more within team sites. MS Teams is available via web browser, desktop app, and mobile app.
- Webex Meetings, available at gmu.webex.com, is a cloud-based web conferencing tool that may be used for meetings and collaboration allowing participants to share video, audio, and content –all online. Meet face-to-face using HD video conferencing; share your desktop, documents, or individual applications with everyone in the meeting. It provides collaboration with people within and outside of Mason.
- Webex Teams, a collaboration application, is available to Mason faculty, staff, and students as part of Mason’s Webex Suite. Webex Teams provides a secure workspace where team members can contribute any time, from any device with messaging, file sharing, screen sharing, whiteboarding, video meetings, calling, and more. Your conversations and work sync across all platforms, allowing knowledge sharing, document uploading, and other ways to collaborate. For details and to request an account, please see the Webex Teams service page at its.gmu.edu/service/webex-teams/.
- Zoom is a cloud-based web conferencing tool for video and audio conferencing, collaboration with people within and outside Mason, chat, and webinars across mobile devices, desktops, telephones, and room systems. To log in to Zoom go to gmu.zoom.us/signin.
Getting Started with Blackboard
Printing on Campus
Learn About IT Resources at Mason
Citrix Virtual Lab
Collaborative Learning Hub (CLUB)
Student Technology Assistance and Resources (STAR)
General Computer Labs
For more information on what software is available in these labs and their hours of operation, see the Computer Labs service page.