Welcome to Mason!
We've put together this Getting Started resource guide to get you up and running as quickly as possible here at Mason. In addition to this page, you can:
- Search our Knowledge Base for how-to articles and FAQs.
- Search our Service Catalog to learn what services we offer and how to get them.
Whether you're a new or returning student at Mason, the information below will help familiarize you with Mason IT services, resources, and support to help you settle into your academic life. Download the PDF version of our Student Technology Services guide by clicking or tapping on the image.
How to Get Help
The ITS Support Center serves as a central point of contact for the Mason community to request IT support or information. Go to the ITS Support Center information page for contact information.
Please see Resident Student FAQs before calling the ITS Support Center or ResTechs.
Quick Support Reference
Expand All Collapse All
Access the Network
Log Into myMason
Enroll in Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)
Activate Your Patriot Pass Account
- Go to password.gmu.edu
- Select Activate Account
- Follow the instructions to get your Mason NetID and Patriot Pass Password.
- More information on accessing your Patriot Pass credentials
Protect Your Security
Antivirus Software License
Be Aware of Phishing Messages
IT Security Office
Responsible Use of Computing
Download Mobile Mason
Set Up Your Email
Set Up Your Computer & Internet
Registering & Authenticating Devices
Residence Hall Assistance
- Blackboard Collaborate is Mason’s Learning Management System (LMS) and is used to deliver online or web-enhanced courses and includes tools like discussion forums, text-based and real-time chat, a secure course grade book, quizzes, and exams.
- Webex Teams, a collaboration application, is available to Mason faculty, staff, and students as part of Mason’s Webex Suite. Webex Teams provides a secure workspace where team members can contribute any time, from any device with messaging, file sharing, screen sharing, whiteboarding, video meetings, calling, and more. Your conversations and work sync across all platforms, allowing knowledge sharing, document uploading, and other ways to collaborate. For details and to request an account, please see the Webex Teams service page at its.gmu.edu/service/webex-teams/.
- Zoom is a cloud-based web conferencing tool for video and audio conferencing, collaboration with people within and outside Mason, chat, and webinars across mobile devices, desktops, telephones, and room systems. To log in to Zoom go to gmu.zoom.us/signin.
Getting Started with Blackboard
Printing on Campus
Learn About IT Resources at Mason
Citrix Virtual Lab
Collaborative Learning Hub (CLUB)
Student Technology Assistance and Resources (STAR)
General Computer Labs
- Fairfax Campus
Johnson Center, Room 342
- Arlington Campus
Van Metre Building, Room 211
- Science & Technology Campus
Katherine G. Johnson Hall, Room 250
For more information on what software is available in these labs and their hours of operation, see the Computer Labs service page.