The process was developed in order to:
- Define the roles and responsibilities of all involved parties
- Develop an “intake” process for submitting proposed technology requests in order to establish requirements (e.g., executive sponsorship, funding, sufficient resources from the requester) for a successful review of the proposal.
- Properly evaluate and approve requests—determine the impact of requests on the university community and to the university’s computing infrastructure, and whether the proposed request is aligned with university business needs and objectives.
- Develop a method for Mason leadership to set priorities for new work (e.g., “fast track” urgent technology work) and review requests for new work, as well as communicate this roadmap to stakeholders.
- Track and manage requests, as well as the resources needed for each request.
Last modified: March 29, 2023