The issues in Blackboard are now resolved. Amazon has confirmed their AWS outage has ended.(READ MORE)
An Amazon Web Service (AWS) outage is causing various Blackboard issues:
- Students may not be able to take tests requiring Respondus Lockdown Browser with webcam. Students may receive an “AWS” error which will not allow the test to begin. Instructors may not be able to access the LockDown Browser Dashboard in their courses.
- Some videos in Blackboard (those using Kaltura) may be slow to play and instructors may be unable to add new Kaltura videos to their course.
- Instructors and students cannot view submitted assignments directly in Blackboard. This is not affecting student’s ability to submit assignments – but is a display/conversion issue. Both students and instructors can download the submitted assignment by clicking the file name on the right side of the attempt page.
- Instructors cannot use the Bb Annotate markup tool to comment on student papers at this time.
- Users are unable to share files in Blackboard Collaborate Ultra. Presenters can instead share their screen to display files and slides.
There may be additional issues with other services. Amazon AWS has indicated they are still working to resolve the issue.December 07, 2021 2:22 p.m.