The central Mason Zoom license is a full Pro license with Meeting 300 (meetings with up to 300 participants) and all other Pro features. There are three paths to take at this time.
- You are not required to use the Mason central license at this time. You may continue to use your existing license or not use Zoom.
- You can choose to enter the Mason central license now.
- If you are NOT a current Zoom user (you do not have a zoom account using your Mason email, you may join the license via gmu.zoom.us/signin. This will require your NetID and Patriot Pass Password and will provision Mason employees with a Pro license automatically.
- If you are a current Zoom user who is NOT part of a group license, you have a Basic license, or you have a Pro license WITHOUT any Webinar or Large Meeting add-on’s, go to gmu.zoom.us/signin to get the Mason license.
- If you are a non-employee student you may join the Mason license, but you will be given a Basic license (same as the free license). Go to gmu.zoom.us/signin to get the Mason license. Students have the option to request an upgrade to the Pro license via the request button on the Zoom service catalog page.
- You may need to wait before you can join the central license.
- If you are a current Pro user who is part of a group license, you should discuss joining the central license with the owner of the group prior to taking any action.
- If you are a current Zoom user who has a Pro license with either Webinar or Large Meetings, you will need to take additional steps to ensure you do not lose your ability to access those features in the Mason license.
- Users who currently have Webinar or Large Meeting who do not need those features in addition to the Mason Meeting 300 license, go to gmu.zoom.us/signin to join the Mason central license.
- Be sure to log out of all Zoom sessions before attempting to join the license. To do this, go to zoom.us/profile and log in. Select “Sign Me Out From All Devices” at the bottom of the page, then log out of the web session. Go to gmu.zoom.us/signin to join the Mason central license.
- Users who wish to keep their current Large Meeting or Webinar licenses or those who are members of group licenses who wish to migrate into the Central license, contact the Mason Enterprise Collaboration team to discuss how to proceed. Request support via the button in on the Zoom service catalog page.
Last modified: July 31, 2020