When do I need to use 2FA?

You will need to use 2FA any time you connect to an application that uses Mason's Central Authentication Service (CAS). Two-factor authentication (2FA) is required even when connecting from a trusted wired network (most faculty and staff offices).

You will need to use 2FA when you use the Cisco AnyConnect VPN. The VPN is typically needed to access specific applications or systems from off-campus locations, and sometimes via either wired or wireless on-campus wireless locations.