Banner Admin Apps IssuesJune 02, 2019 8:33 a.m.
Users signing onto AppNav, immediately got a “Session Expired” message. After clicking
on “Reload” several times, they would get the Ellucian default login screen. Some users
apparently were taken directly to the Ellucian login screen.
At first, this looked like Chrome issue because when the Chrome login failed, the users
would attempt to login using Firefox or other browsers and would succeed. As more
reports came in, it because apparent that this was not browser related but was instead an
We were not able to duplicate the problem
Some users would receive an “Session Expired” message or redirected to the Ellucian login screen
Some users were unable to log into the AppNav function of Banner.
The DBA team sees two possibilities:
- Navigop2 was getting the bulk of the “load balanced” sessions so it hit the 300 max
- The connection from Navigop2 to Banner was very unstable so it needed to reconnect. The sessions did not exist in the database but perhaps were continuing to use resources on the server.
Given the error messages we have found, it is likely the second.
- Saved the current logs on /app/fmw/user_projects/domains/base_domain/servers/AppNavPROD/logs
- Stopped the application for AppNavPROD
- Start the application for AppNavPROD
- Check the number of sessions for the server
Unusual issue. Monitoring user access and reports