Some users would receive an “Session Expired” message or redirected to the Ellucian login screen
Some users were unable to log into the AppNav function of Banner.
The DBA team sees two possibilities:
- Navigop2 was getting the bulk of the “load balanced” sessions so it hit the 300 max
- The connection from Navigop2 to Banner was very unstable so it needed to reconnect. The sessions did not exist in the database but perhaps were continuing to use resources on the server.
Given the error messages we have found, it is likely the second.
- Saved the current logs on /app/fmw/user_projects/domains/base_domain/servers/AppNavPROD/logs
- Stopped the application for AppNavPROD
- Start the application for AppNavPROD
- Check the number of sessions for the server
Unusual issue. Monitoring user access and reports