Web hosting allows for publishing websites. Mason offers free, secure, and reliable web hosting to individuals, departments, and organizations within the Mason community.
- Distinct servers are available based on the requester, site purpose, and the tools and software required for design, file upload, etc. For a complete list of servers, visit Mason Servers Overview.
- Web hosting is available to any George Mason University faculty, staff, student, student organization, college, department, and other university units.
- Mason provides 20 MB for personal webspace on mason.gmu.edu.
- Student organizations that are officially recognized by the Office of Student Involvement can request a directory on the www.gmu.edu server.
Getting This Service
Select Web Service Request button in the upper right-hand corner (desktops, laptops) or after the Training section (mobile devices) to:
- request a directory (student organizations, colleges, departments, and other university units)
- update directory ownership, group membership, or permissions changes—include as much information as possible
Personal webspace is available with a NetID and is located at mason.gmu.edu/~NetID. More information about personal webspace is available at mason.gmu.edu.
For more information and instructions on setting up a website, see the Web Development page.
This service is available 24/7, excluding planned outages, normal maintenance windows, and unavoidable events. Maintenance windows are Sundays from 7 to 11 a.m. but may be extended to 2 p.m., if needed. If maintenance is required outside of these hours, it will be announced on the Alerts & Bulletins page.