SCCM is a Microsoft tool for managing Mason-owned computers running Microsoft Windows that enables ITS to inventory hardware, distribute software, improve security, and get a better understanding of the computers at Mason. To use all the features of SCCM ensure your Mason-owned computer is on MESA with a functioning SCCM client and you must be a Mason employee. You must be connected to the Mason Ethernet network or VPN network to use the features of SCCM.
- Mason licensed applications available on demand
- No need to wait for a tech to come out and install software
- Single self-service software portal interface for all Mason software
- No need for additional administrator rights
- Customized software install for users/departments
- Allows administrators to track and manage equipment lifecylces
- Allows administrators to deploy software and policies
Getting This Service
On the Mason-owned computer that is joined to MESA, applications to install are available in the Software Center. For applications, not available in the Software Center, submit a request for software installation.
If your computer is not joined to MESA, contact the ITS Support Center.
This service is available 24/7, excluding planned outages, normal maintenance windows, and unavoidable events. Maintenance windows are Sundays from 7 to 11 a.m. but may be extended to 2 p.m., if needed. If maintenance is required outside of these hours, it will be announced on the Alerts & Bulletins page.
All users of the George Mason University network must adhere to University Policy Number 1301: Responsible Use of Computing.