Poll Everywhere (PollEV) provides a safe online platform for every participant to ask questions, participate in group activities, and share thoughts and insights, right from their phone or computer. Presenters can access activity reports and incorporate participant engagement into their gradebook with a few clicks. With Poll Everywhere Teams, activities can be shared including combining results in reports.
- Synchronous and asynchronous polling of audiences
- Compatible with all web conferencing tools, including Blackboard Collaborate Ultra, Microsoft Teams, and Zoom
- Activities include multiple-choice, word clouds, Q&A, clickable images, surveys, competitions, and more
- Blackboard integration for roster and grade book syncing
- Can be set to only accept registered users or anonymous polling
- Poll Everywhere app can put live slides in PowerPoint and other slide software
- Create reports and access archived poll responses
- Pin questions for a backchannel Q&A during any presentation
- Share activities among presenters with Poll Everywhere Teams
Getting This Service
Students and faculty are given participant and presenter accounts, respectively, when they log in to Poll Everywhere using their Mason credentials.
Staff and graduate teaching assistants (GTAs) may request a Poll Everywhere presenter account by submitting the form.
All users of the George Mason University network must adhere to University Policy Number 1301: Responsible Use of Computing.
Poll Everywhere is not approved for the collection of “private information” in any form. For a definition of “private information,” see University Policy Number 4017: Research Involving Human Subjects.
For questions and comments regarding Poll Everywhere email email@example.com.
Poll the Everywhere Support Center please go to https://support.polleverywhere.com/hc/en-us.
Join the Blackboard & Instructional Technologies Collective
The Blackboard & Instructional Technologies Collective is a team for Mason’s faculty and staff instructional technology users to communicate with their peers and discuss new features, best practices, and other topics of interest pertaining to the following ITS-supported tools: Blackboard, Kaltura, Poll Everywhere. This is not intended to replace submitting an issue via the ITS Support Center. The collective is moderated by members of the Mason community and ITS.
Submit an ITS support request if:
- It is something that requires an urgent/timely ITS response
- You are requesting information or troubleshooting assistance
Post in one of the channels if:
- You would like to share a use case or feature you’ve found helpful
- You would like to test out a new feature with your peers
- You would like to know how your peers are using the tools
To become a member of the Blackboard & Instructional Technologies Collective, go to https://go.gmu.edu/bbteams.