Kaltura is a video management tool that allows faculty and students to create, host, and share video and audio inside the Blackboard Courses environment. Users upload audio and video directly to Blackboard using the Kaltura Media Mashup tool. Media uploaded resides in the users My Media Library (a personal cloud-based storage area). In the My Media library, users can choose to manage their media across all their courses, create screen recordings, or capture webcam video.
- Videos will be streamed. Students will not have to download the video files, and students with slower connections will be able to see the videos.
- Videos will work on any computer, tablet, or mobile devices with any bandwidth connection.
- Videos are easily managed and reusable in other courses.
For assistance with Kaltura, email email@example.com. If you cannot log into Blackboard Courses, contact the ITS Support Center.
Kaltura Knowledge Center https://knowledge.kaltura.com/
- The screen capture tool in Kaltura uses Java. Make sure your browsers are up to date and running the most recent version of Java.
- Do not upload media with interactivity. Kaltura cannot accept packages of files (e.g., Camtasia, iSpring, Adobe Presenter) with interactive elements (e.g., menus, quizzes).
- Kaltura and Blackboard do not impose a limit on the upload size; however, the maximum file size that your browser will allow you to upload is 2 Gigabytes.