Kaltura is a video management tool that allows faculty and students to create, host, and share video and audio inside the Blackboard Courses environment. Users upload audio and video directly to Blackboard using the Kaltura Media Mashup tool. Media uploaded resides in the user's My Media Library (a personal cloud-based storage area). In the My Media library, users can choose to manage their media across all their courses, create screen recordings, or capture webcam video. Kaltura is also available outside of Blackboard on the Course Media website.
Media is retained in the system until the video has not been played (by anyone) for four (4) years. An email will be sent to the owner 30 days before a video is deleted with options to stop the deletion and retain the video for another four years. For more information, please review the Kaltura Retention Guidelines.
Faculty & Staff
All Zoom recordings created by Faculty and Staff users are transferred to the Zoom session creator's MyMedia account. For more information, please review the Zoom Recordings knowledge base articles.
- Videos will be streamed. Students will not have to download the video files, and students with slower connections will be able to see the videos.
- Videos will work on any computer, tablet, or mobile devices with any bandwidth connection.
- Videos are easily managed and reusable in other courses.
For assistance with Kaltura, email email@example.com. If you cannot log into Blackboard Courses, contact the ITS Support Center.
Kaltura Knowledge Center https://knowledge.kaltura.com/
- Do not upload media with interactivity. Kaltura cannot accept packages of files (e.g., Camtasia, iSpring, Adobe Presenter) with interactive elements (e.g., menus, quizzes).
- Kaltura and Blackboard do not impose a limit on the upload size; however, the maximum file size that your browser will allow you to upload is 2 Gigabytes.
Join the Blackboard & Instructional Technologies Collective
The Blackboard & Instructional Technologies Collective is a team for Mason's faculty and staff instructional technology users to communicate with their peers and discuss new features, best practices, and other topics of interest pertaining to the following ITS-supported tools: Blackboard, Kaltura, Poll Everywhere. This is not intended to replace submitting an issue via the ITS Support Center. The collective is moderated by members of the Mason community and ITS.
Submit an ITS support request if:
- It is something that requires an urgent/timely ITS response
- You are requesting information or troubleshooting assistance
Post in one of the channels if:
- You would like to share a use case or feature you’ve found helpful
- You would like to test out a new feature with your peers
- You would like to know how your peers are using the tools
To become a member of the Blackboard & Instructional Technologies Collective, go to https://go.gmu.edu/bbteams.