Gartner is a leading information technology firm that provides research and analysis services to inform and support decision-making in higher education and other industry sectors.
Mason students, faculty, and staff have unmetered access to Gartner’s Higher Education Reference library (Core Research). Additionally, IT professionals across Mason have access to Gartner for Technical Professionals (GTP).
Gartner Higher Education Reference provides unlimited access to a database of IT research and technology news, products, and trends used by many universities and Fortune 1000 and Global 500 companies. The applications of Gartner's research reach far beyond the technology field to practical uses in education, business management, healthcare, government, and more.
Discover a wealth of applications, including:
- Trusted Database: incorporate data into research papers, projects, and presentations
- Product Training: learn how to use new tech gadgets and incorporate technology in the classroom
- Proposal Support: analyze vendors and products to make strategic business decisions
- Custom Library: track specific topics and save articles for later reference
- Global Leader: access a recognized and respected global perspective on the IT industry
Please note, Core Research does not include access to, or participation in, advisory discussions with the authoring analysts (Analyst Inquiries). It also does not have more actionable research content, such as Toolkits, IT Key Metrics Data, or ITScore Maturity Assessments. To access these materials and the Analyst Inquiries, an individual Gartner license is required.
Gartner for Technical Professionals
Gartner for Technical Professionals provides in-depth technical research, knowledge, and best practices to published research focusing on in-depth strategic analysis of information technology trends, vendors, products, and technologies. GTP provides unlimited access to all IT staff for direct conversations with Gartner’s team of 100+ technical professional experts for 60-minute inquiries. GTP provides deep technical insight on the following areas:
- Applications: architecture, development, CRM & customer experience, digital workspace, integration, endpoint
- Data & Analytics: BI, data management
- Infrastructure & Operations: cloud management, data infrastructure, I&O
- Security & Risk Management: identity & access, apps & data, networks & endpoint, cloud
Getting This Service
To Log In
To access Gartner Research, visit the Mason Gartner portal, which uses Mason's Single Sign-On (SSO). Log in with your NetID and Patriot Pass Password.
To Request GTP Access
To request access to Gartner for Technical Professionals, please complete the "Request GTP Access" TDX request via the orange button on this page.
For those new to GTP, here are some Gartner tutorials to get you started:
This service is available 24/7, excluding planned outages, normal maintenance windows, and unavoidable events. Maintenance windows are Sundays from 7 to 11 a.m. but may be extended to 2 p.m. if needed. If maintenance is required outside of these hours, it will be announced on the Alerts & Bulletins page.
All users of the George Mason University network must adhere to University Policy Number 1301: Responsible Use of Computing.