The Mason network utilizes firewalls for protection from unauthorized access and malicious attacks. Departments may request adjustments to firewall settings to enable specific types of access or services hosted on their equipment or to permit access to newly installed servers.
All servers connected to the Mason network must be registered with Information Technology Services. Access to secure services and applications is limited to authorized users only.
- Departments may request adjustments to firewall settings
- All servers connected to the Mason network must be registered with ITS
Getting This Service
Firewall protection is automatic. To register a server with ITS or request setting adjustments for departmental servers put in a request. ITS system administrators may request firewall changes via email or by submitting a request for servers hosted in the Aquia Data Center.
This service is available 24/7. Changes or provision of server space is available during regular business hours.
All servers connected to the Mason network must be protected by the network firewalls and must adhere to the following policies:
- University Policy Number 1114: Data Stewardship Policy
- University Policy Number 1301: Responsible Use of Computing Policy
- University Policy Number 1304: Public Internet Address Policy
- University Policy Number 1309: Information Technology Infrastructure, Architecture, and Ongoing Operations
- University Policy Number 1312: Physical and Logical Access Security
Network Address Translation (NAT) services to provide additional IP address space using a single public IP address are available.
Standard firewall change requests are completed within two business days of receipt of the request. Emergency changes are completed within eight hours.