Residence halls are provided with on-campus basic cable service which provides more than 100 channels of programming.
University Townhouses on Chain Bridge Road are provided cable service through Cox Cable. Optional premium services such as HBO or Showtime are available at the University Townhouses for a small additional charge.
A closed-circuit cable television system is provided on campus for programming by Mason departments for entertainment and informational purposes.
Access is limited to students living in the residence halls and to departments in university buildings on the Fairfax Campus.
- Cable TV Channel Lineup
- The cost of cable TV in residence hall rooms is included in housing and technology fees
- There is a monthly recurring charge for cable access in university buildings.
Getting This Service
- Cable television access is automatically provided to each residence hall room and common areas
- University Townhouse residents should contact Cox Cable to arrange for premium services
- Mason faculty and staff may submit a request to get cable access in university buildings
This service is available 24/7, excluding planned outages, normal maintenance windows, and unavoidable events. Maintenance windows are Sundays from 7 to 11 a.m. but may be extended to 2 p.m., if needed. If maintenance is required outside of these hours, it will be announced on the Alerts & Bulletins page.