The Blackboard Instructor app offers a native environment to access your course content; however, some features may be limited depending on the mobile device being used. The mobile app is not a replacement for a computer browser but it is a way to access and view your course content on the go.
- Course Management: View a list of all courses for available terms and get a summary of each course. Relevant features are categorized and grouped in the Course Overview so that instructors can quickly and easily access due dates, announcements, course content, and discussions.
- Discussions: View course discussion boards and respond to students on the go. Create threads within existing discussions to further the conversation and engage students.
- Announcements: Create, review, and send out announcements to students. Students will be alerted with a notification in the Blackboard app Activity Stream.
- Content and Assessment Preview: Review course content and assessments created in Blackboard Learn on mobile to ensure content is accurate and mobile-friendly.
- Collaborate: The Blackboard app includes Blackboard Collaborate Ultra experience—a synchronous web conferencing solution for high-quality virtual classes and meetings. Instructors can share files and video while interacting with the class. You don't have to install anything extra to join a session.
Note to Faculty: The following features will not function properly and should only be used in a full browser on a computer:
- access organizations
- create or modify Course Tools
- create or view groups, blogs, and journals
- format text or upload files in discussions
- make Grade Center changes
- upload course content