Blackboard Collaborate Ultra is an interactive web conferencing and virtual classroom environment designed for teaching and learning and real-time collaboration. It is available in all myMason Organizations and Blackboard Courses. Instructors can use Collaborate to set up virtual conferencing for their classes while students can participate in chat and discussion sessions from anywhere. Instructors can also share PowerPoint presentations and other content using a virtual whiteboard. Additional features include multi-person audio and video, screen sharing, chat, and breakout rooms.
- Holding virtual office hours
- Recording lectures
- Student group meetings
- Inviting guest speakers
- Connecting with internship or abroad students
- Emergency proofing courses
Getting This Service
Blackboard Collaborate Ultra is a Course Tool available within Blackboard Courses and myMason Organizations.
For questions and comments regarding the Blackboard Collaborate Ultra system email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the Blackboard & Instructional Technologies Collective
The Blackboard & Instructional Technologies Collective is a team for Mason's faculty and staff instructional technology users to communicate with their peers and discuss new features, best practices, and other topics of interest pertaining to the following ITS-supported tools: Blackboard, Kaltura, Poll Everywhere. This is not intended to replace submitting an issue via the ITS Support Center. The collective is moderated by members of the Mason community and ITS.
Submit an ITS support request if:
- It is something that requires an urgent/timely ITS response
- You are requesting information or troubleshooting assistance
Post in one of the channels if:
- You would like to share a use case or feature you’ve found helpful
- You would like to test out a new feature with your peers
- You would like to know how your peers are using the tools
To become a member of the Blackboard & Instructional Technologies Collective, go to https://go.gmu.edu/bbteams.