The Blackboard App is designed especially for students to view content and participate in courses. The app is available on iOS and Android mobile devices.
The following areas are available on the app:
- Announcements: Students have instant, on-the-go access to the latest announcements, and instructors can post announcements anywhere, anytime.
- Grades: Students are able to access their grades for tests and homework assignments.
- Blogs: Read blog posts and interact with classmates by posting comments and uploading media as attachments on blogs (Android and iOS), as well as uploading non-media files (Android).
- Journals: Students can read their own journal posts and those of their classmates. Both students and instructors can comment on journal posts.
- Discussions: Instructors and students can review and post to threaded discussions, as well as create new threads. Additionally, students can upload media files (Android and iOS) as well as other file types (Android) to discussions.
- Media: Students can access music, videos, and images uploaded by their instructors and experience directly from their mobile devices using the appropriate media-specific software.
- Tasks: Students can track and manage the progress of various tasks, from turning in homework assignments to reminders to pick up a midterm or purchase a textbook.
- Roster: Students can quickly see full class lists, making organizing study groups easier.
Please note the following limitations of the app:
- While the app offers a native environment to access your course content, some features may be limited depending on the mobile device being used.
- The mobile app is not a replacement for a computer browser, but it is a way to access and view your course content on-the-go.
- The following features will not function properly and should only be used in a full browser on a computer:
- Students will not be able to take some tests, quizzes, or surveys, submit assignments with attachments, or participate in any synchronous communication that requires Java.
- Faculty will not be able to upload course content, create or modify Course Tools, make Grade Center changes, or create or participate in any synchronous communication that requires Java.
For questions and comments regarding Blackboard App, email firstname.lastname@example.org.