- Ensure you can see and hear the candidate and that they can see and hear you.
- Ensure the candidate's lighting is adequate and there are no harsh shadows.
- Suggest that the candidate have a glass of water nearby for the interview.
- Suggest keeping all pets in another room and set all other devices to silent.
- If the candidate is conducting the interview from their office, suggest they put a “do not disturb” sign on their office door.
- Connect for 5-10 minutes prior to ensure they have a stable network connection.
Troubleshooting Common Issues
The coordinator is unable to schedule a meeting
- Do they have a WebEx account through Mason? Are they able to sign into WebEx using their Mason username/password?
Issues joining a WebEx meeting
- Close any other applications that use their device’s camera and microphone (like Skype or Facetime)
- Chose a method for connecting audio, either via the computer or the phone
- Once connected, select an option in order to hear/be heard
Audio related issues
- Check the audio settings on the device
Feedback or poor audio
- Ask them to use a headset
Unable to connect audio on their device
- A phone could be used for audio, while the device is connected for video
Poor network connection
- Plug in directly to the Ethernet cord, if able
- Mute video, so only audio is used on the device
- Cisco’s Collaboration Help Portal: https://collaborationhelp.cisco.com/?language=en-us
- Connecting Audio and Video: https://collaborationhelp.cisco.com/article/en-us/cjr7xq
- Webex Audio Help: https://help.webex.com/en-us/WBX000029048/Cisco-Webex-Audio
- For ADA related issues contact Ruth Townsend in Compliance Diversity and Ethics