- Ensure you can see and hear the candidate and that they can see and hear you.
- Ensure the candidate's lighting is adequate and there are no harsh shadows.
- Suggest that the candidate have a glass of water nearby for the interview.
- Suggest keeping all pets in another room and set all other devices to silent.
- If the candidate is conducting the interview from their office, suggest they put a “do not disturb” sign on their office door.
- Connect for 5-10 minutes prior to ensure they have a stable network connection.
Troubleshooting Common Issues
The coordinator is unable to schedule a meeting
- Do they have a Zoom account through Mason? Are they able to sign in to Zoom using their NetID and Patriot Pass Password?
Issues joining a Zoom meeting
- Close any other applications that use their device’s camera and microphone (like Facetime)
- Chose a method for connecting audio, either via the computer or the phone
- Once connected, select an option in order to hear/be heard
- For Zoom Support more information on Joining a Meeting
Audio related issues
- Check the audio settings on the device
Feedback or poor audio
- Ask them to use a headset
Unable to connect audio on their device
- A phone could be used for audio, while the device is connected for video
Poor network connection
- Plug in directly to the Ethernet cord, if able
- Move closer to the wireless access point
- Mute video, so only audio is used on the device
- Zoom's Help Center: https://support.zoom.us/
- Joining a Zoom Meeting: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-Joining-a-meeting
- For ADA related issues contact Ruth Townsend in Compliance Diversity and Ethics
Last modified: April 14, 2022