For the Spring 2021 semester, instructors must go into the Piazza "Manage Class" page and choose "Contribution-supported" for license type. Piazza Guide for Spring 21
Piazza is a an online gathering place where students can ask, answer, and explore, under the guidance of their instructors. Students, as well as instructors, can answer questions, fueling a healthy, collaborative discussion.
The major features of the integration are all about convenience:
- Instructors can create a Piazza for their class with a single click.
- Students and instructors are automatically enrolled with appropriate roles, based on the Blackboard course roster.
- When selecting the Piazza link in Blackboard, users are automatically signed in to Piazza, so there's no need to remember a separate username and password.
Make Piazza available in your course.
In the Control Panel, choose Customization, then Tool Availability.
On the Tool Availability page, check off the box (if not already checked) next to Piazza and Submit.
Add the Piazza link to your course menu.
- Select the plus icon on the top-left corner of the course menu and select Tool Link.
- Next to Type, open the drop-down menu and select Piazza.
- Enter a name (Piazza) and check the box next to Available to Users.
- Select the Submit button to save your changes.
Select the Piazza link in your course menu to activate Piazza for your course.
Note: Students will not be able to access Piazza until you complete this step.
You will not need to register/invite students to Piazza. Students will access Piazza directly from Blackboard, which will automatically register them for your Piazza.