For Summer 2020, Blackboard Ally is running a pilot where it is only enabled for courses by request. To request Blackboard Ally, have your instructor submit a Blackboard/myMason Help Request with the course ID or CRN.
Overview for Students
Your instructor probably has many different files uploaded in your course. Ally creates alternative formats for those files. You can download the alternative formats anywhere that files are used. Just choose the version that is best for your needs!
Next to a file where alternative formats are available, you will see the Ally alternative formats download button. Click the button to access the download menu.
Please note: If you're using the app, open the menu at the top right of your screen to see options. Tap Alternative Formats.
On all devices, select the alternative format you would like to access, and click Download. The alternative format is generated when you click download.
Note: The first time it might take a little longer the first time you do this.
- Tagged PDF: Structured PDF for improved use with assistive technology
- HTML: For viewing in the browser and on mobile devices
- ePub: For reading as an e-book on an iPad and other e-book readers
- Electronic braille: BRF version for consumption on electronic braille displays
- Audio: MP3 version for listening
- Beeline Reader: Enhanced version for easier and faster on-screen reading
For more information on formats, see Which format should I use?
If you are unable to access the alternative formats for any reason, always contact your instructor first. You can also directly request support with making a resource accessible by doing the following:
- Click the Alternative formats button to the right of the file.
- In the Download alternative formats window, click the Help button.
When the Help window opens, provide the following in the comment box and click the Send button:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Course name (e.g., EDAT 410)
- Instructor’s name
- Instructor email address
Please note: If you are registered with Disability Services (DS), please contact both your instructor and a DS counselor (Email – email@example.com, Phone – 703-993-2474) to notify them of the issue. The instructor and DS counselor, if you are registered with DS, could also provide the instructional content to ATI staff to be made accessible.